This weekend we went hiking in Sedona! My mom got this book of easy day hikes and it has been so cool! Afterwards we went to Flagstaff and had a small party, of just family, for my sister Melanie for her 30th birthday! Her boyfriend, Johnathan and Brighty both have birthdays coming up really soon so she was nice enough to share the spotlight and let them have a moment too. Jonathan, who I got to meet for the first time on this trip, is a landscape photographer. He snapped a few pictures of us out on the grass at my parents house at my request before the party :). Also, thanks to Rachel for getting the ones of just me and Trent when Jonathan went inside. Later we got to chat about our different types of photography and I used Bulb Mode on my camera for the first time to get some pictures of the stars. I should probably share them but it’s super embarrassing haha. I’ll stick to sharing portraits for now haha.
It has been so important to me during this time to reach out to family and I hope you all do the same!
I really think that it’s important to record this time and be sure that you’re spending ir with your loved ones. Speaking of, I got to grab a few quick photos of my niece and nephews in their Sunday clothes this Sunday afternoon.
And at the VEEEERRRRY bottom you’ll see my update on my Annual Bucket List Goals! You can find the OG Post on that HERE if you’re not sure what I’m referring to.
Here are the photos that I did with my sisters kids on Sunday, that I was referring to earlier.
Ok if you’re here to check on me and my “Bucket List” for the year then here you go! You know what they say: Accountability is key… or something like that. Haha.
Here are a few of the ones I’ve been working on (of the 15 total). I think I’m doing pretty good for it being May, if I do say so myself.
- Learn Flash- I just got an online class teaching flash for MY STYLE! It is a gal from one of my other photography classes so I am excited to support her and it has been amazing so far! This is going to be GOLD for my fall weddings and I can’t wait to expand what I can offer on a wedding day with my style showing up in the reception too!
- Make a Personal Family Album- I’ve been doing 4-6 spreads a month and it has been so fun!
- Purchase a 100mm lens – I have the money saved up! Should I do it?
- Invest in a Photography Class or Conference- YES! I got a really intense business class. So if I talk about my “Business Coach” it’s the teacher of this class I’m referring to.
- Grow my Business to the point where I can hire a Stay-at-Home Mom who wants to work from home!- So funny story. I ended up hiring my sister to work for our other business instead! She’s really good at what she does and it worked out to hire here for the Remodel Company doing accounting, bookkeeping and payroll (which I did previously). Now I can spend more time doing photography!
- Gift a Session to Someone Dealing With a Life Struggle- I think I have someone in mind for this now!
- Go on a Big Family Trip- We were suppose to be in Hawaii the 24th-30th but hey… Sedona is amazing too. Instead of rescheduling Hawaii we planned a trip to Seattle Min-Jun so hopefully that pans out :).
- Photograph a Temple Wedding– Postponed!!! Excited for this fall though!